Manager - Recycling Depot - Whistler Job Description
Live, play and work in beautiful Whistler. Join the Regional Recycling team in our busy Whistler (“Nesters”) Recycling Centre. We provide expertise in recycling bottles/cans/plastics, electronics and more!
As a Depot Manager your priority is to ensure compliance of all Recycling Industry Operating Standards, sustain a successful and efficiently run depot and provide top level customer service.
As a People Manager you will train, develop, mentor and lead a diverse group of individuals to provide excellent customer service, work as a team and contribute to a safe, clean and respectful environment.
Core Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Health & Safety
• Customer Service
• Corporate & Business Development
• 2+ years’ experience in a similar industry in a supervisory or management role.
• Post-Secondary business courses are an asset.
• Good business development skills.
• Good understanding of industry regulations, laws, and standards.
• Mechanical aptitude and preventative maintenance on basic equipment.
• Good computer, administrative, accounting and record keeping skills.
• Good written and verbal English communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels.
• Forklift Operators Certificate is preferred
• St. John’s Industrial First Aid, WHMIS, TDG certifications are preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and weekends.
• A vehicle, valid driver license and a clear driving record are preferred.
• Physically fit, able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to commute/relocate: Whistler, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Subsidized rent in a 1 bedroom suite ($800/mo.) - couples are preferred, to live in the suite and work in the Depot, Subsidized ski passes, work Saturday-Wednesday (Thurs & Fri. off).
• Casual dress
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• RRSP match
• Vision care
• Bonus pay