Shotcrete Wireman Job Description
We are currently recruiting for a Shotcrete Wireman. The Shotcrete Wireman is the key person in a shotcrete operation and is responsible for setting elevations and thicknesses for the shotcrete placement, which may include the top and face of the wall. Grades set by the wiremen are the lines the nozzleman and finishers will follow. The wireman may use many devices for setting grades, such as piano wire, fiberglass metal rods, and plastic pipe.
• Must be punctual and have an excellent attendance record.
• Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while performing all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards and established guidelines.
• Inspect walls for accuracy. Make proper repairs as necessary and immediately reports any deficiencies which may present safety or quality concerns to the supervisor.
• Uses established methods of communication, such as hand signals and radio communications, to insure proper material flow to the nozzle.
• Assists crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and equipment.
• Ensure all areas to receive shotcrete are clean, sound and free of loose materials, and that anchors, reinforcement, and wires are properly placed and spaced.
• You are the first and last check of a wall’s plumb as well as the accuracy of the job we produce, so the load in a lot of sense is on your shoulders to ensure the site is ready to be shot.
• You will need very good skills with tools like laser level, impact gun, hammer, nails, saws, as well have a reasonably decent understanding of carpentry.
• Monday to Friday with usual 8-10 hour shifts. Some Saturdays required (Overtime after 8hrs)
• A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
• Highly competitive base pay.
• Comprehensive medical, dental and life insurance programs.